- product information
• Bona Mega offers the superior performance of a 2-component lacquer in a 1-component product,
• It offers superior protection against spills and scuffs.
• No mixing is required which means it can be conveniently used straight from the bottle.
• Bona Mega is ideal for use on wood floors in offices, smaller shops, hotel rooms and as a premium choice for homes.
• Highly recommended for plank floors and floors with underfloor heating.
- technical specifications
Brand Bona No of coats 2-3 Coverage Up to 10m² per litre Drying Time 3 hours Size 5lt MPN WT133320002 GTIN 7312791928429
• Superior protection against spills and scuffs
• 1K simplicity with 2K performance
• High resistance to wear
• Highly recommended for underfloor heating
• Excellent flow and levelling
• Proven track record, still unique after 28 million litres and 136 million m2 covered
• Made of renewable resources for the most part
• Friction approved to DIN 18032:2
Before Applying Bona Mega
The surface must be pre-treated with a waterborne primer from Bona.
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment, well sanded, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination.
Allow lacquer to reach room temperature, insert filter and shake the container thoroughly before use.
Optimal application conditions are between 18-25C and 30-60% relative air humidity.
High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time
Minimum temperature for use 13 degrees c
How To Use Bona Mega
Apply the lacquer using a Bona Roller.
Roll with a smooth flowing motion alternately across and with the grain of the wood avoiding accumulations of product. Always maintain a “wet edge” to avoid overlaps.
Allow to dry before applying further layers of lacquer.
Anticipate slightly longer drying time for each layer that is applied.
If necessary make an intermediate sanding using a screen or the Bona Scrad System grit P150 (or finer) and remove dust before applying the final layer of lacquer.
Note: If the previous layer of lacquer has been allowed more than 24 hours drying time then an intermediate sanding is always required. The floor will take light foot traffic approximately 8 hours after the final application. Allow the surface to dry for at least 1 week before covering with carpets or other floor coverings, or loading with heavy objects. Also avoid damp mopping the floor during this time.
Maintenance And Cleaning Of Bona Mega
Clean the floor with Bona Cleaner or Bona Wood Floor Cleaner and a microfibre pad.
For maintenance and upkeep of the surface, floors can be overcoated at intervals with additional coats of lacquer.
The frequency of this operation can be greatly reduced if Bona Freshen Up or Bona Wood Floor Refresher is applied periodically.
This will restore the appearance of a dull floor whilst still allowing further coats of lacquer to be applied without the need for sanding the floor back to bare timber.
- Customer reviews