- product information
• Bona Prime Classic is one-component waterborne acrylic primer designed to effectively seal soft or hardwood floors
• Creating a barrier in the timber allowing top coats to form an effective seal on wooden surfaces.
• For a light wood colouration.
• Produces a well-bodied surface thanks to its high solids content.
• Has low viscosity and forgiving application properties.
• Especially suitable for use on hardwood flooring with underfloor heating, softwood plank floors, end-grain floors etc
• Recommended primer before application of Bona's top-coat varnishes including Bona Mega and Bona Traffic HD
- technical specifications
Brand Bona No of coats 1 Coverage Up to 10m² per litre Drying Time 1h 30m Size 5lt MPN WB200020012 GTIN 7312791521422
• For a light wood colouration
• High elasticity
• Suitable on practically all types of wood
• High solids content
• Quick drying
• Solvent content less than 3%
• Compatible with all Bona’s waterborne topcoats
Before Using Bona Classic primer
Ensure floor is acclimatized to its end-use environment.
The surface which is to be treated must be sanded back to bare wood, dry and free from sanding dust, oil, wax and other contamination.
It is recommended to finalize the sanding with a Bona Quattro or Multi Disc. Allow product to reach room temperature.
Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 30-60% relative air humidity.
High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time
How To Apply Bona Classic Primer
Using a Bona Roller, apply the primer evenly avoiding accumulation of product.
Care should be taken to achieve a uniform level of timber saturation to avoid colour variation.
Always maintain a ‘wet edge’ to avoid overlaps.
Allow to dry and apply 2-3 layers of a waterborne lacquer from Bona depending on wear resistance requirements.
Note: Due to its elasticity Bona Prime Classic is not suitable to abrade.
Apply one layer of lacquer before abrading to reduce grain raise.
- Customer reviews